As President of AQ Lighting, a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Cynthia Piana works collaboratively with developers, architects, designers, specifiers, General Contractors, and Electrical Contractors serving as a consultant, advisor, and distributor.
Previously, Cynthia helmed a successful Los Angeles interior design firm for nearly a decade. In just a few years, the firm grew from just $3K in funding to a multi-million-dollar business. The industry took notice, and her work was soon featured on HGTV, and in numerous design publications including the Robb Report.
In 2008, Cynthia brought her client-driven focus to the commercial lighting industry, where she has since emphasized quality, transparency, and efficiency. At AQ Lighting, Cynthia has successfully secured unmatched sourcing for partners, through attendance at every major international, and national lighting show including Hong Kong, Milan, Germany, Pennsylvania, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas. Her sourcing depth is matched only by Cynthia’s personal commitment to touring factories to ensure premium manufacturing of products, and to deliver virtually limitless design options.
Under her direction, AQ Lighting partners benefit from:
- Ability to UL fixtures and secure approval for all products purchased internationally
- Alignment and adherence to GMP
- Budget-with lighting cost known by DD phase
- Dedicated project team for each client/project, with designated single point of contact for all communication
- Delivery of IES rating fixtures to meet specifiers’ selection.
- Development of customized Controlled Management Delivery Systems (CMDS) to meet the specific objectives of General Contractors and Electrical Contractors.
- In-house teams of technologically adept electricians, contractors, and designers
- On-time customized delivery per project
Cynthia’s successful projects and partnerships include work for Fortune 500 Companies, Global Brands, and international Corporations such as Disney, Tilly’s, Best Western, Warner Music, and more.